Tuesday, December 25, 2012

End of the world as we know it

I thought I should take a break from making my Christmas plate of beans on toast to note the somewhat pleasing fact that "Nadolig Llawen" has been trending worldwide on twitter this morning.  Perhaps the Mayans were on to something after all.



I would have thought "saturated" would have made the top ten as it seems to be a word that dominates our news broadcasts nowadays.  I know English is really a Norman-Saxon pidgin but what's wrong with waterlogged?  I'm told that "surrender" was the only French word in Churchill's "fight them on the beaches" speech, couldn't our broadcasters follow his lead and dump "saturated" into the nearest standing water?

Anyway  back to the microwave and Nadolig Llawen i bawb o'm darllenwyr.

3 comments:

Llew Buallt said...

Nadolig Llawen old chap. I must say the Mid Wales South America Friendship Society Christmas day lunch went well. Final score 4 Welsh, 2 Peruvian, 1 Argentine.

radnorian said...

What, no Mayans?

Llew Buallt said...

Didn't turn up. Got the date wrong.